10 Things You Didn't Know About Me
Updated: May 7, 2020
I'm thrilled to write and share this post because it was interesting thinking about some of the cool things I've experienced. For example, I was married by the age of 19...who does that; I did. Strange, I know. But I knew my husband was the one for me as soon as I saw him.
I know I'm an interesting lady and many people love me because of it. I can never fit into one category of “woman”. I love to watch sports, cook/bake, travel, take long drives, and so much more. As a matter of fact, I grew up watching basketball games on television with my dad. I even had an opportunity to meet Shaq's Dad while vacationing in Miami. I still enjoy watching baseball, football, and basketball. I hope to go to a Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball game this season.
Hello friends!! Here is a little introduction:
1. I’m a lover of sweets and desserts. More particularly, I enjoy eating cakes and cookies. One of my favorite cookies is my family’s recipe for Quick Chocolate Chip Cookies and I have recently become a fan of the Red Velvet Cheesecake from Jazzy Cakes.
WOODBRIDGE, VIRGINIA, March 3, 2018 -- Red Velvet Cheesecake by JazzyCakes. Photo by Jasmine Hardin
2. I’m a part of a military family. I served over ten years in the United States Air Force. My service in the military has taken me all over the world. One of my favorite places has been Tokyo, Japan. I lived in Japan for over four years.
3. I went to Culinary School while living in Arizona. I learned some great skills. One of those is making fresh yeast breads. It was tricky learning the complexity of yeast and how heat and humidity plays in the development and taste. This was extremely beneficial as I enjoy cooking and definitely eating.
4. I love to travel. I’m always looking for a great vacation location for my family. Now that we’re living in Northern Virginia, we’re hoping to take more trips to Europe (Italy, France, or England). Again, these trips, play into my love for food and wanting to eat at authentic food, such as a croissant from France or pasta from Italy. Or last vacation location was Cozumel, Mexico. My favorite family vacation location has been Honolulu, HI; because of the beauty and I love the Cookies from the Honolulu Cookie Company. The picture below is from a family trip to Dallas, TX. I was able to visit a Boot shop and try on different pairs of boots.
Now, since we're in Los Angeles, I want to take a trip to Asia (Tokyo specifically), but with COVID-19, I may have to wait a while.
5. I have a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management, and Recreation. This degree is a compilation of all my favorite things; traveling, resort life, and food.
6. I’m a HUGE Disney World Fan. When we lived in Florida, we went to Disney every year. Those Mickey Mouse Ears ice cream bars are ridiculously good. As a matter of face, a few years ago, I was eating one (maybe two) at 9:30 am with my mother-in-law. That ice cream is so simple yet so good.
WALT DISNEY WORLD, December 22, 2015 -- Eating Mickey Mouse Ice Cream at Magic Kingdom. Photo by Tamieka Smith
7. In high school, I was a part of the Marching Band. I played the flute and was also a part of the Choir. I learned how to play the flute during the summer of my seventh-grade year.
8. Blue is my favorite color. Particularly light blue.
9. I’m originally from Alabama. At the age of 18, as soon as I graduated from high school, I looked for the quickest way to leave town.
10. I enjoyed living and bring a family photographer in Northern Virginia. Because it gave me the opportunity to photograph beautiful families with beautiful backdrops. The possibilities are endless. Especially during spring with the blooming of the Cherry Blossoms. It's a perfect time to have your family photographed in a location that sonomus with Washington D.C.
Now that I'm in the Los Angeles area, I've already found several great locations I'm looking forward to photographing families.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. It was fun sharing somethings about myself that makes me who I am. Please share something about yourself in the comments below! I would love to learn a few random things about you.
MEET THE PHOTOGRAPHER