I'm thrilled to write and share this post because it was interested thinking about some of the cool things i've experienced. For example, I was married by the age of 18...who doesn't that; I did. Strange, I know. But I knew my husband was the one for me as soon as I saw him.
I know i'm an interesting lady and many people love me because of it. I can never fit into one category of “woman”. I love to watch sports, cook/bake, travel, take long drives, and so much more. As a matter of fact I grew up watching basketball games on television with my dad. I even had a opportunity to meet Shaq's Dad in Miami. I still enjoy watching baseball, football, and basketball. I'll definitely be going to a Washington Nationals Baseball game this season.
Hello Internet!! Here is my little introduction to me with:
1. I’m a lover of sweets and desserts. More particularly, I enjoy eating cakes and cookies. One of my favorite cookies is my family’s recipe for Quick Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Red Velvet Cheesecake from Jazzy Cakes.
WOODBRIDGE, VIRGINIA, March 3, 2018 -- Red Velvet Cheesecake by JazzyCakes. Photo by Jasmine Hardin
2. I’m a part of a military family. I served over ten years in the United States Air Force. My service in the military has taken me all over the world. One of my favorite places has been Tokyo, Japan. I lived in Japan for over four years.
3. I went to Culinary School while living in Arizona. I learned some great skills. One of those is making fresh yeast breads. It was tricky learning the complexity of yeast and how heat and humidity plays into the development and taste. This was extremely beneficial as I enjoying cooking and definitely eating.
4. I love to travel. I’m always looking for a great vacation location for my family. Now that we’re living in Northern Virginia, we’re hoping to take more trips to Europe (Italy, France, or England). Again, these trips play into my love for food and wanting to eat at authentic food, such as a croissant from France or pasta from Italy. Or last vacation location was Cozumel, Mexico. My favorite family vacation location has been Honolulu, HI; because of the beauty and I love the Cookies from the Honolulu Cookie Company.
5. I have a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management, and Recreation. This degree is a compilation of all my favorite things.
6. I’m a HUGE Disney World Fan. When we lived in Florida, we went to Disney every year. Those Mickey Mouse Ears ice cream bar are ridiculous. As A matter of face, a few years ago, I was eating one (maybe two) at 9:30 am with my mother-in-law. That ice cream is so simple yet so good.
WALT DISNEY WORLD, December 22, 2015 -- Eating Mickey Mouse Ice Cream at Magic Kingdom. Photo by Tamieka Smith
7. In high school, I was a part of the Marching Band. I played the flute and was also a part of the Choir. I learned how to play the flute during the summer of my seventh-grade year.
8. Blue is my favorite color. Particularly light blue.
9. I’m originally from Alabama. At the age of 18, as soon as I graduated from high school, I looked for the quickest way to leave town.
10. I enjoy living and bring a family photographer in Northern Virginia. Because it gives me the opportunity to photograph beautiful families with beautiful backdrops. The possibilities are endless. Especially now that we're heading into spring, the Cherry Blossoms will be blooming in two weeks. It's a perfect time to have your family photographed in a location that sonomus with Washington D.C.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. It was fun sharing somethings about myself that makes me who I am. Please share something about yourself in the comments below! I would love to learn a few random things about you.
Hello, I'm Tamieka, owner of Tamieka Smith Photography. I would love to help you plan your family's sunset portraits in Northern Virginia (or surrounding area) or photograph your military ceremony — possibly both. Working with families and military members is my specialty. I hope you'll look at my recent work and all that’s available for you. I hope we're able to work together and I’m able to document your family’s history.