I attempt to attend the Imaging USA Conference by Professional Photographers of America every year. This year's conference was near Washington D.C. at National Harbor. If you haven't attended an Imaging USA conference, I highly recommend attend the upcoming year.
As it's filled with loads of education, networking with other photography professionals from across the world, and so much more.
As mentioned in my last blog, it has been two years since my last photography conference and I was ecstatic to attend this year's conference.
Top 5 Things I Learned At Imaging
1. We need each other to overcome difficulties. The pandemic has taught me as professional photographers, if we're able to exchange ideas, we're able to help each other come up with unique ideas to overcome.
2. It's a great place to meet photographers I follow online via Facebook and Instagram. With the rise of social media, I'm always meeting people without meeting them in person. The photography conference, affords me the opportunity to meet those photographers I have several conversations with via the internet.
3. Try something different. During the conference, they have many photography walks. This allows me the opportunity to photograph something different; something outside the norm. This year, there was even a boudoir photo walk.
4. Always stay at host hotel. Staying at the host hotel saves time. There's no need to travel back and forth to hotel, especially since the conference is during the month of January. When I've attended the conference, it's always super cold. The last conference I attended in Nashville, the city was experiencing an ice storm. I'm extremely thankful I stayed at the host hotel.
5. Come prepared to have fun. Although the photography conference is centered around education, there are plenty of opportunities to have fun. Outside of the scheduled opening and closing night parties, the venue and local cities have lots of opportunities to have fun. Even eating lunch with other photographers can be a time to laugh, relax, and let loose.
If you have an opportunity to attend next year's Imaging USA conference in Nashville, TN, I highly recommend going. It's definitely full of educational opportunities. However, there will be opportunities to network and learn from other photographers as well as let loose.
If you're at next year's conference, let's connect. Send me an email at email@example.com and let's chat.
MEET YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER
SEARCH THE SITE
A Family Portrait is Forever ™
Los Angeles - (213) 212-2251
Northern VA / DC - (571) 250-5073