Five Stylish Tips To Look Amazing During Your Mini Session
Many family photographers like to have mini-sessions that are holiday or special theme-based. You will have the chance to dress to the occasion and get creative with costumes, colors, and accessories.
Did you know the clothes that are worn during a family’s portrait session can make or break a portrait? Family pictures that have excessive patterns and everyone has strips can make for a busy picture. If the outfit outshines the people in the photo, then reconsider the outfit.
The clothing choices for your family portrait should disappear and the faces of the people within the portrait should shine and stand out; not what they’re wearing. Let’s examine and check out these awesome suggestions on what you and your family could wear to be picture perfect:
1. Coordinate your outfits, but don’t match. Choose a simple color palette and go from there. This will give everyone the option to pick an outfit of their own, but still be subtle and fit the scene.
2. Avoid logos. This includes crazy prints and patterns! It will bring unwanted attention to the outfit and cause awful distortions to appear on the photograph that is not originally there.
3. Tone down the bright colors. Vivid shades tend to reflect and bring attention away from the face. Darker clothing tends to blend better with backgrounds and slenderize the subject.
Light or neutral colors can look appealing and fresh. If you fear not looking slender in your photos, avoid wearing plain whites. Pair it with a jacket or scarf, and you will be good to go!
4. Hair, makeup, and nails: Keep it simple. If you want your hair to be out of the way and not falling in your face, I recommend having it up and out of your eyes. For makeup, make sure it won’t rub off onto your outfit. Your nails should be nicely manicured and no chipped nail polish.
5. Accessorize! This brings visual interest in your look and makes it appealing. For jewelry, try a necklace to compliment your neckline or bracelets to accentuate your outfit. You could think outside the box and try a hat or suspenders to bring the extra wow factor! Some accessories add variety and may be used as props.
Pinterest is a great website to use for clothing inspiration for your upcoming family portrait session. Depending on the season, do a search for what to wear for spring mini session portraits or what to wear for fall mini session portraits. There are color palettes that can be used to help with what colors go best with each other, in addition to ideas on what to wear for the entire family.
In conclusion, deciding on what to wear for your family's mini session can be overwhelming, but hopefully these tips will help you put together wonderful outfits for your upcoming family picture.
If you are in need of a professional photographer to document your family's spring or fall portrait, don't hesitate to give me a call at (571) 250-5073 or email email@example.com. I would be honored to photograph your family pictures. I serve families in the Northern Virginia / DMV area as well as families in Los Angeles / Torrance. If you are located in another part of the United States, yes, I will travel to your location as well. Give me a call and let's talk about your family photography needs.
YOU ALSO MAY LIKE
Do you need tips on how to have a smooth mini session? Checkout this blog.
MEET yOUR pHOTOGRAPHER
Hello, I'm Tamieka, the owner of and photographer behind Tamieka Smith Photography a family photographer in Torrance, CA and Northern Virginia/National Archives Promotion Ceremony photographer in Torrance, CA. I am happy you came to visit the blog! I hope you find inspiration and helpful tips. In addition, to a peek into my life as a family photographer.
SEARCH THE SITE